Thursday, August 20, 2015

struggling

Im struggling in this trip. Suddenly the things that used to excite me about travel seems so meaningless.. Staying in hostels floating ffom place to place same old traveler conversation with random people I wont meet again.. All this used to feel "this is awesome" and now everyday I am asking myself - What the hell am I doing?

Why the hell am I in mongolia doing completely random things like trying food I dont like, walking along the streets randomly every day, waking up each morning without an an aim to the day, seeing endless museums, taking pictures of random things? What am I doing with my life? The whole thing abt travel being abt self growth and self discovery etc seems like New age Zen bullshit to myself at this point... It just feels pointless. It feels like im wasting my time. I feel like I have grown out of this entertainment, I feel like ive grown up.

Backpacking hostelling rtwing cheaptravel, once upon a time it was everything I wanted but now its too late for me. Ive missed the bus. Too much has happened. My time to wander has come and its gone.

Going to Kharkohrin this weekend, mongolias ancient capital.. ( again, why?!)

Hoping ill find that spark again that made travelling special for me.

Otherwise ill plod through china overland as I planned to do, through Taiwan and hk and then fly home, where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment