Sunday, August 11, 2013

An update at last!

This trip was meant to be the one trip i blog regularly during but as i inch reluctantly into week 3, obviously it didnt happen.

But this is me, trying to catch up. Its important that i blog. When i think about earlier trips, what remains is a vague general impression of the town, incident or special meal but the details escape me..

So, after preikestolen, i took a flight from stavanger to oslo then a second flight from oslo to berlin. Those two norwegian airline flights cost me quite a lot but did save me lots of time.

Berlin was awesome and very, very hot. There i spent two nights in generator berlin hostel and two nights in jetpak ecolodge in grunewald forest..

From berlin a train ride of about 2.5 hours took me to the city of dresden in southern germany. Walked around the beautiful old town in the evening and the next day, i took a train to Prague - another 2 hours or so.

Had 3 nights in prague, which i thought to be crowded and overrated. I did however discover this super cheap and authentic indian restaurant "beas vegetarian dhaba" and in true blue asian style proceeded to eat there almost every day....

My destination after that was hallstatt. Due to problems with the railway track, it took me three trains, two busses and one ferry to get to my small but quaint single room in Gasthof Simony. I had my own balcony overlooking the lake so most of my time in hallstatt was spent being a vegetable on that balcony.

Today i left hallstatt and im in graz. Tomoro i get to sightsee graz during the day and in the evening make my way to zagreb airport to get my flight to sarajevo, a place ive been wanting to visit for a very long time.

Its a very busy trip and so far i feel that maybe if i hadnt squeezed in so much into three weeks, ill be more relaxed.. But now that ive planned and booked it all, might as well push myself, see loads and enjoy the ride.

I can always relax when im back home in leicester... Hopefully.

Pictures : berlin market in the park,
prague as seen from the castle,
dresden in the evening,
hallstatt lake on a gloomy day,
and a really good lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment