Monday, April 15, 2013

Allure of distance.. intimations of proximity

One of the places i was really looking forward to visiting in Zagreb was the Museum of Broken Relationships, which features stuff people have submitted from around the world that are related to their own broken relationships...

Some of the exhibits:

1. This one hit quite close to home and had me reeling for a few seconds.. but only a few.


2. this one's worth a giggle :)

description is the pic below

3. Garterbelts: (Sarajevo) I never put them on. The relationship might have lasted longer if I did.


4. "Fake breasts: (Belgrade) So, after three years together, my husband bought fake, sculpted female breasts which were, of course, larger than mine and thus that was the time of our biggest relationship crisis. He made me wear them during sex because they turned him on. I was disappointed and because of these sculpted, fake breasts I left him for good."


5. On religion.



6. Closer to home - the Malay bear from Singapore



7. Anddd the slightly crazy - an ex with an axe.


Definitely an interesting and poignant experience.. I'm usually not a fan of museums myself, but this is one i would revisit if i ever find myself in zagreb again.








1 comment: