Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Leeds

I've been weekend tripping these past 2 weekends. My mother on skype asked me the other night, 'what are you running away from?'. Good question, mummy.

I don't know. It doesn't feel like running away, but more like running towards. The world in general really is rather interesting in all its variation that I just want to be surrounded by it all, and gobble it up all at once. Life feels exciting and purposeful in its aimlessness when I'm in that frame of mind and since weekends are all I have, I'll just have to make the most out of them. No?

I've been asked before a few times by different people, "What's in -insert name of new place I visited-?" with a tone of surprise, especially if the place isn't one that is classically touristy. I never know what to say, other than "welllll, it's a nice place", which usually gets very unimpressed looks. What has to be in a place to make it worth a visit? Aren't all places worth a peep, if only for curiosity's sake?

Anyway, one of those weekend trips was to Leeds, to spend time with an old friend and to satisfy that curiosity.






city hall



pretty autumn day

tunnel leading to the Royal Armouries

houseboat! people were living in there..

okay, will do!

inside the Royal Armouries, fantastic museum, well worth a (free) visit








4 comments:

  1. Prav!totally agree with u! evywhere is worth a peep :))
    never ending satiety :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! greedy for new experiences and new places!

      Delete