Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ronda

I love it when people land on my blog from searching about places I've posted about here. It lends a sense of usefulness to this whole business of yakking on about places that you probably won't have an interest in unless you have been there, or are planning to go there. So unless you are severely bitten by the travel bug, this blog is one big snoozefest. Even I find it boring sometimes. But the google searchers never fail to make me grin a bit, so here I am again, to let you know (as if I haven't a million times already) how pretty the town of Ronda is.


I have so many more pictures of the place to post up here, but Internet is being a bitch and this one photo is all I could get uploaded. That's the view I woke up to every morning.

The place to stay would be El Tajo/Babia Backpackers Hostel. It's a bit expensive at 18 Euros a night for a four bed dorm and bathroom shared by 8, but since it is the only hostel in town, you hardly have a choice if you are backpacking. Lack of choice can be a good thing in this case, because look at that picture above and now try to imagine something a million times better. That's the view. 

Guy who runs the place, Chemi, took us all on a tapas tour or so he said. We followed him out of the hostel at 8pm, crossed the tiny street and ducked into the tapas bar opposite. That was the end of the tour. Slightly anticlimatic 'tour', but the bar does tapas for 75cents a plate and local beer for 1 euro a glass so nobody was complaining. The albondegas (meatballs) were spectacular, and I returned to the place for 2 more meals after that. Me being me, I didn't note the exact address of the place but it is a few doors opposite the hostel which is at 32 calle virgen de los remedios.

More pictures later.


No comments:

Post a Comment